Sunday, August 1, 2010

Love, the new killer app!

"Love is the Killer App! How to Win Business and Influence Friends."

I just finished a great read that a friend of mine encouraged me to read. It was a quick read...and a very enjoyable one I might add!

The premise of the book is that love (in business) is made up of three things. He calls it the business "trinity". These three elements being:

  1. Knowledge
  2. Networks (connecting people with people) I have always believed that we need to network because "nets" work!
  3. Compassion!
I have, for my own sake defined them as the three "N's" of winning people and influencing friends. (k)Nowledge | Networks | Needs... Tim explains that in the past longevity meant advancement in business, however in our new economy it is not longevity but knowledge that gives you the ability to advance in business or in life.

I loved how he discusses beginning to invest in your future by currently investing in your knowledge base. We must read. I have always believed and "preached" that God gave us two ends...one to sit on and one to think with...all the success in the world depends on which end you use. 'Head's you Win....Tails you LOOSE!" Just a thought!

I would recommend this book to those who want to develop a habit of investing in your future!

Enjoy!

No comments: