Saturday, January 1, 2011

One.One.011

This morning I started again on a journey that took me 365 days last year to complete and today I started on the journey again. That journey is reading the Bible through in a year. I have always heard that to do the same thing and expect a different result is the definition of insanity!

What I find so unique about the Bible is that it is amazing that you can see new things in new ways. This year that is one of my prayers and goals! To see new things in new ways!

This morning I saw an old verse in a new way. In fact I read two books this year on the topic/theme of Christmas and read the Christmas story several times. With that said I still saw something fresh and new today from the Christmas story in Matthew 1. The verse reads:

Matthew 1:19 (NIV)
"Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly."

What leaped off the page and into my pondering's this morning are several leadership principles that we can learn about how to handle difficult situations with relationships. Joseph found out some very difficult information concerning his bride to be Mary. Mary is expecting a child. Here are some principles that spoke to me this morning.

1. Joseph's character charted his course (he was righteous)

2. Joseph allowed his mind to dictate his decisions not his emotions (he had in mind)

***How many times do we allow emotions in crisis to lead us rather than our mind. "If you keep your head when everyone else is losing their's you will stand a bit taller in crisis!"

3. Joseph chose to protect Mary publicly and confront privately!

Great leadership choice. When you are in a crisis to remain calm. Let your cognitive (mind) lead you not your emotions. Always support in public and confront in private.

This year chose during relational crisis to think before you act!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad ::: Visit Mark's website at: www.markzministries.com

No comments: